I clicked on the Play button but I cannot see the video. What should I do?
Your inability to play the video could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Pop-up Blocker: The training videos run in a pop-up window. Please ensure your browser does not block pop-ups. Set it to 'Always Allow pop-ups from www.EthicaInstitute.com.' Depending on which browser you are using, you can use the instructions on this page to unblock your pop-up windows.
- Adobe Flash Missing or Out of Date: You do not have Adobe Flash installed in your browser. Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash player installed. Go here to check if you have Adobe Flash installed. To download or update Adobe Flash go here.
- Cookies and Cache: If your CIFE or ACIFE account is valid and you are not able to play the videos or if certain sections of the training video appear stuck, we recommend that you delete your cookies and cache. Please look at this article.
How do I play a training video?
On login you will be redirected to the curriculum page, which has different certification programs arranged under tabs. Choose the tab relevant to you to see the full list of courses. You will find a play button under the 'Duration' column. Simply click the Play button to launch the course in a pop-up window.
Can I play Ethica's training videos on my iPad?
As of today you will need to use a regular PC/laptop to access our training videos since Flash is not supported on Apple's handheld devices. We are working towards publishing our training content in other formats that will be device agnostic. However, if you must use an iPad you can use this workaround:
- Download 'Puffin Broswer' in the App Store (it costs $3)
- Install the app
- Click on the three vertical dots in the far-right (top) corner
- Click on 'More'
- Click on 'Settings'
- Turn-off 'Block Pop-ups'
- Flip your iPad to Landscape mode
- Type www.EthicaInstitute.com in the 'URL or Search' box of the Puffin browser
- Login to your account
- Click 'Curriculum'
- Click the 'Play' button next to the video you want to play
Which browser should I use?
You can use any browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome) to play the courses. However, users have experienced issues due to third-party add-ons and plugins. Should you face any difficulty launching the courses, disable the add-ons, toolbars, plugins etc and restart your browser.
Do I need any additional software to play the courses?
All you need is a decent Internet connection (dial-up or faster), an Internet browser and Adobe Flash player.
We recommend that you install the latest version of Adobe Flash at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
The Play, Next, Previous and Volume controls for the course are not visible?
Close the toolbars (usually installed by third-party programs like Yahoo messenger, Google etc.) that appear below the location bar of your browser. This usually eats a lot of screen real estate and does not allow the full content to display properly. Additionally, set your display resolution to 1024x768 (or higher) and restart your browser. If all else fails, press CTRL+F11 for full screen mode.
I was able to play the course just fine but now it's stuck?
When all else fails, delete cookies, cache, temporary files of your browser and restart the browser.
How many times can I play a course?
You can play them as many times as you like during your 4-month study period.
I have a slow internet connection. Will the courses play?
Unlike streaming media seen on websites like You Tube or news sites like BBC and CNN, we use an alternate technology called 'pseudo-streaming' where consecutive chunks of data are downloaded into your web browser and you never notice any hiccups or delays while accessing our training content. Even on the slowest of connections our training video will not take more than 45 seconds to a minute to load fully. And once it loads you are all set.
Am I expected to download any training content?
Our training and certification is designed for maximum knowledge transfer without burdening you with more information than you require, so we do not have downloads and PDFs. All the information, including case studies, questions, exercises, and quizzes is contained in the training modules. As further enrichment Ethica offers all students over 400 pages of premium Islamic finance material including CIFE™ Study Notes, sample Islamic finance contracts, informative articles, recommended reading lists for Islamic finance practitioners and entrepreneurs, a glossary of commonly used industry terminology, and 1,000+ scholar-approved Q&As.