You Need to Ask Yourself 7 Questions Before You Choose Your Islamic Finance Certificate
Is the certificate recognized? Ethica's CIFE™ is accredited by leading Islamic finance scholars and bankers. Ethica's clients include several banking giants with some institutions training over 1,000 bankers across 100+ branches. Ethica has won the following awards:
- "Best Research and Education Company" presented by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai at the Global Islamic Economy Summit (Dubai)
- "Best Islamic Finance Training Institution MENA," "Best Islamic Finance Education Provider MENA" and "Best Online Islamic Finance Program MENA" from Global Banking and Finance Review (UK)
- "Best Online Islamic Finance Education Provider - Global" from Capital Finance International Awards (UK)
- "Best Islamic Finance Qualification" from Global Islamic Finance Awards (UK)
- "Islamic Finance Education Provider of the Year" from Global Banking and Finance Awards (UK)
- "Best Islamic Online Finance Program" from International Finance Magazine Awards (UK)
- "Education Leadership Award" at the Asian Leadership Awards
- "Best Islamic Finance Training Institution" award nomination 4 years running from Islamic Business and Finance magazine (Dubai)
- "Business Innovation of the Year," "Online Business of the Year," and "Customer Focus of the Year" finalists at the Gulf Capital SMEInfo Awards (Dubai)
Is the certificate standardized? Ethica's CIFE™ is third-party certified to conform to AAOIFI, the industry's most widely-accepted standard. Following AAOIFI leads to greater transparency, governance, an convergence. Read Ethica's article, "Fiqh or Fiction," on the need for standardized, AAOIFI-compliant training below.
Is the certificate up-to-date? Workbooks, CDs, and distance-learning courses grow old fast. Can you really be sure that your 3-year old workbook or last year's CD is up-to-date? With Ethica's CIFE™, when Islamic finance innovates, our online content innovates right there with it. So you can be sure that you're never left behind.
Is the certificate prepared by professors or bankers? Ethica's CIFE™ is rigorously prepared by a team of bankers and scholars, not professors. Ethica delivers practical, usable knowledge that replicates what Islamic bankers need to know on the job.
What happens after certification? When your resume reads 'Ethica CIFE Graduate,' recruiters know that you bring more Islamic finance know-how to the job than most around. Simply search Ethica or CIFE on LinkedIN to see the diversity of Ethica's CIFE graduates and the organizations they work for.
Can we afford your certificate? Our individual, group and corporate rates are designed to rapidly and cost-effectively train and certify users in less than 4 months at competitive rates.
Where is the institute based? According to Forbes Magazine, "Dubai holds the title of Islamic finance hub." Anywhere else may be a compromise. Islamic finance trainers need to be where the action is. It is one thing to read about deals sitting far away, and quite another to be working with bankers and scholars who execute transactions for a living.
Fiqh Or Fiction: Why Islamic Finance Needs Standardized Training
A Fatwa, or expert legal opinion of one or more Islamic scholars, is the highest level of accreditation granted to a transaction, product, or institution in Islamic finance. Islamic banks esteem Fatwas. And Islamic banking customers esteem Fatwas. Yet Islamic finance training programmes continue to turn to academic and professional bodies for Shari'ah accreditation. Why? [Download full article here]