How do I get a certificate?
You take an online exam with multiple choice questions from your home, office or university. We also provide organizations the ability to conduct close-door exams at their respective locations.
The CIFE™ Examination: A 90 minute exam of 100 multiple choices questions. The pass mark is 70%.
The Advanced CIFE™ Examination: A 2.5 hour (150 minutes) timed exam comprised on 120 multiple choices questions. The pass mark is 60%.
What topics will I be tested on for the CIFE™ certification?
The test is based on content covered in the following modules:
- Why Islamic Finance?
- Understanding Ijarah I - Islamic Leasing
- Understanding Ijarah II And Quiz - Islamic Leasing
- Understanding Mudarabah I - Islamic Investment Partnerships
- Understanding Mudarabah II - Islamic Investment Partnerships
- Understanding Mudarabah III And Quiz - Islamic Investment Partnerships
- Understanding Murabaha I - Cost Plus Financing
- Understanding Murabaha II - Cost Plus Financing
- Understanding Murabaha III And Quiz - Cost Plus Financing
- Understanding Musharakah I - Islamic Business Partnerships
- Understanding Musharakah II - Islamic Business Partnerships
- Understanding Musharakah III And Quiz - Islamic Business Partnerships
- Understanding Salam And Istisna I - Forward Sales And Manufacturing Contracts
- Understanding Salam And Istisna II - Forward Sales And Manufacturing Contracts
- Understanding Salam And Istisna III And Quiz- Forward Sales, Manufacturing Contracts
- Understanding Sukuk I - Islamic Securitization
- Understanding Sukuk II And Quiz - Islamic Securitization
- Understanding Islamic Insurance And Quiz
- Liquidity Management In Islamic Finance I
- Liquidity Management In Islamic Finance II And Quiz
- Risk Management In Islamic Finance I
- Risk Management In Islamic Finance II And Quiz
How do I take the CIFE™ examination?
Login and click on 'My Account' and then click on 'Take CIFE™ Exam.' Just like the training courses the examination also loads up in a pop-up window. Once you start you cannot pause or stop. Do not refresh the webpage or press enter on the browser's address bar after starting the examination. We track your browser specifications, IP and MAC (Ethernet Interface) addresses before, during and after the examination. Certification attempts by unauthorized users results in immediate account termination, banning from future use of Ethica and blacklisting on the public domain.
What topics will I be tested on for the Advanced CIFE™ in Islamic Accounting certification?
The test is based on content covered in the CIFE™ certification plus the following modules:
- Understanding Islamic Accounting I
- Understanding Islamic Accounting II
- Understanding Islamic Accounting III
- Understanding Islamic Accounting IV
- Understanding Islamic Accounting V
- Understanding Islamic Accounting VI
- Understanding Islamic Accounting VII
- Understanding Islamic Accounting VIII
- Understanding Islamic Accounting IX
How do I take the Advanced CIFE™ examination?
Once you have studied the Advanced CIFE™ curriculum, login to our website and click on 'My Account.' Click on 'Take Advanced CIFE™ Exam' button and follow the instructions.
How do I know your certificate is Shariah-compliant?
We aim to not only be Shariah-compliant, but we also aim to follow AAOIFI (Accounting and Auditing Organization of Islamic Financial Institutions) and IFSB (Islamic Financial Services Board), the two most well recognized international standard-setting bodies in the Islamic finance industry.
The certification test is online. What prevents me from cheating?
Leading institutions now use e-learning for high stakes testing, including Harvard, Stanford, and Oxford. And increasingly banks and corporates now rely on e-learning to certify their bankers, spawning the KPO, or Knowledge Process Outsourcing industry, one of the fastest growing sectors in the bank training market. The key to preventing cheating, and the one we use at Ethica Institute with our CIFE™ is to ensure that the content is sufficiently difficult, even for a specialist. So that someone who has not studied for the certification exam using our AAOIFI- based content would find it difficult to pass. Even our Shariah Auditor had to prepare well to pass the exam. On a more philosophical level, we find that good cheaters make for embarrassed bankers. We provide our Corporate License users the opportunity to test at their institution where there is a need for high-stakes, synchronous testing under controlled conditions.
What happens if I do not pass the certification test?
If you do not pass the first time, you pay $195 each time you retake the exam.